Teen pregnancy is still a major concern in today’s society and is a social problem that affects the entire community. There are many ways to prevent teenage pregnancy, many decisions to make, and many challenges to face. It is important to examine the main causes of this problem, the effect this problem has on our…
Essays about Social Problems
We have 10 free papers on Social Problems for you
America’s problems with substance abuse could be a result of classism, or in Marxist theoretical terms, the class conflict between the rich and the poor. In the United States today, there is undeniably a problem with wealth inequality, and unfortunately, attempts to resolve issues such as wealth inequality, substance abuse, health care access, education, and…
People may have problems every day in their lives, but most of these people, including us, do not realize that there is more than one reason why these problems happen to us. One of those reasons is the excessive and addictive use of our electronic devices such as cell phones, computers, among others. Most of…
The living conditions of the Oglala Sioux, a Native American tribe residing in South Dakota, provide a concerning look at what sociologist Chris McGreal describes as “hidden social problems in isolated circumstances” (McGreal 159). These issues are not well publicized, in part, because of the secluded location of the Pine Ridge reservation. Additionally, the livelihood…
This assignment caused me to look at the topics in a different lens. It was tough because all issues are very important to the lives of everyone. After close examination, I found that alcohol & drugs were the number one social problem within society for several reasons. The substance abuse of alcohol and other drugs…
For years, I’ve been fascinated with exploring social and behavioral enigmas. The majority of the people in my life have direct or indirect experience with mental illnesses. One of the most interesting and promising aspects of human behavior that is still not fully understood is anthropomorphization. Despite having grown up in a broken household that…
The report, “Social Problems Affecting Students and Schools,” was written by Erica Loop that appeared in “Pittsburgh Parent Magazine” is an interesting article. The article draws attention to the societal issues which affect child’s development, learners, the schools and communities. Loop provided detailed information about those issues which are linked together connecting to or influencing…
In today’s society, many social problems get recognized more than others. Throughout United States history, the power of the government and of the upper class allowed themselves to be put in charge of making decisions that affect others. While members of the upper class have power based on their wealth, the members of the government…
In Jean Kilbourne’s essay “ ‘Two Ways a Woman Can Get Hurt’: Advertising and Violence,” she claims that the depiction of women in advertising constitutes “cultural abuse.” What she means by this is that advertisements have a hidden message to them. This hidden message being repression of sexuality whether it be men or women. Ads…
Divorce is a major social problem all over the world, and it affects Canadians just as much. It is described as a social problem because not only does it impact the personal lives of the people involved, but it impacts the society they live in, and it reshapes the family and its surroundings. There are…
|Edited by||Annulla Linders and Earl Wright II|
|Impact factor||2.071 (2017)|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press (United Kingdom)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Feel free to contact us, we are always here to help you!
- Sexual aggression against women. Sexual violence against women is one of the examples of social problems today. Feminist movements made this behavior a social problem during the 1970s.
- The abortion. Although there is evidence that abortion has existed throughout history, there is currently an awareness of this problem.
- Juvenile delinquency. Juvenile delinquency is a problem of modern society. It is related to social maladjustment among young people.
- Racial discrimination. It consists in the arbitrary denial of civil rights for racial or ethnic reasons. ...
- Loneliness in older adults. Loneliness has been defined as a negative subjective feeling associated with a perceived lack of a wider social network or the absence of a specific desired ...
- Fanaticism. Fanaticism is a stubborn and unreflective attachment to one's opinions. It is indifferent to the truth and is highly detrimental to social unity.
- The prejudice. Prejudice is an affective feeling towards a person or group member based solely on their group membership.
- Unemployment. Work is the main source of income for individuals and families throughout the world. ...
- Poverty. Poverty is defined as low sustained levels of income for the members of a community. ...
- Affirmative Action
- Alcohol Abuse
- Airline Problems
- Anti Muslim Discrimination and Violence
- Automobile and Highway Safety
- Capital Punishment
- Child Abuse and Sexual Molestation
- Child Labor
- Church State Separation
- Civil Rights Movements
- Corporate Crime
- Criminal Justice and Rights
- Defense and Security Issues
- Divorce and Child Support
- Domestic Violence
- Disability Rights
- Eating Disorders
- Environmental Issues, Wildlife, and Extincting Species
- Food Safety and Drug Safety
- Mafia Wars
- Global Warming
- Homosexuality – Gay and Lesbian Rights
- Public Health Care Reform
- Housing Costs
- Human Trafficking
- Illegal Immigration
- Identity Theft
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- Juvenile Crime Justice
- Juvenile Reform
- Journalistic Reform
- Media Bias
- Media, Sex, and Violence
- Mental Illness
- Money Laundering
- Natural Disaster and Disaster Relief
- Nuclear Energy, Power, and Waste
- Organ and Tissue Transplant
- Organized Crime
- Psychological Health
- Recycling and Water Conservation
- Reproductive Rights and Technology
- Scientific Research Ethics
- Sex Education
- Sexual Harassment
- Single Parenting
- Stem Cell Research
- Toxic Waste
- Traffic Congestion
- Voting Issues
- Waste Management
- Nuclear Weapons and Mass destruction
- Women’s Rights
- Poverty and Homelessness. Poverty and homelessness are worldwide problems. According to Habitat for Humanity,...
- Climate Change. A warmer, changing climate is a threat to the entire world. ... The 800 million people already living...
- Overpopulation. As the population of the world grows, resources become scarcer. The United Nations...
- 1. Guidance and Counseling: The establishment of functioning Guidance and Counseling units both in and out of school settings will help reduce social problems in society.
- 2. Good Governance: ...
- 3. Creation of jobs and other Social Infrastructure: ...
- 4. Enforcement of Film Censorship and National Agency for Food and Drug Administration Control (NAFDAC) Rules: ...